Building Screensaver and Installer
|Previous Top Next|
Build Screensaver Tab
Build Method (This option active if you enable the Shareware Feature)
· Method 1 - Build Registered version and Trial version in separate file.
This method builds 2 screensaver files, registered version and trial version screensaver. The trial version file size will be smaller compared to Method 2 since it does not contain images that are only available in registered version. The screensaver will not support registration keys. You will need to provide your customer the registered version of your screensaver when they buy your screensaver.
If Include Small Thumbnails in Trial version is checked, the user would be able to see the thumbnail of images that are available in the Registered Version. This option will help users to get a preview of images that they will get in the Registered version.
· Method 2 - Build Registered version and Trial version in one file.
This method builds only 1 screensaver file. The screensaver will support registration keys. When user buys your screensaver, you just need to send a registration key to them so they can unlock the screensaver.
Using Custom Icon
You can customize the screensaver icon to use your own icon. To use this feature, check the Custom Icon option and specify the icon file.
Specifying the Screensaver Filename
· Specify the screensaver filename by entering the full filename of the screensaver (include folder name) or by clicking the Browse button.
· If Shareware Feature is enabled and you choose Method 1, there will be another entry to specify the filename of trial version screensaver.
· If Auto Fill is checked, the Trial version screensaver file and the setup filename will be automatically filled-in according to the screensaver filename.
Once you have specified the above options, click the Build Screensaver button to build the screensaver(s).
Build Installer Tab
Go to this tab to build a setup file of your screensaver for easy distribution.
· Specify the setup filename
· If Shareware Feature is enabled and you choose Method 1, there will be another entry to specify the setup filename of trial version screensaver.
· Click Options button to customize the setup file.
· Click Build Installer to build the setup files.
· Click Test Run to test the setup files.